Author Topic: DI Rules  (Read 528 times)

Offline Toymachine

• Well Known Member
  • #Bonked
    • View Profile
DI Rules
« on: July 07, 2012, 04:19:52 am »
1. Regarding Spam.
Punishment : Temp Ban.

----------------------
You may post a "Thank-you", Alongside a comment; but must not post single topics like "lol" etc. If you spam CONTINUOUSLY you will be warned. If a user asks a question and their topic is spammed with flame, the spam will be deleted and those users banned. If a question has been answerd and continues to be spammed, the spam will be deleted and the answer to the question will not be. The topic will then be locked. If the topic is something fun and people are joining in for example, "Write your name with your elbow" it is fine. Games bring communities together and you will not be punished if posted in the correct section.

2. Regarding Flame.
Punishments : Temp Bans

---------------------
No Flaming What So Ever! This is a community, Not A War Zone.

3. Regarding Scamming
Punishments : Perm Ban No Second chances unless appealed.

--------------------
If anyone is caught attempting to scam or are scamming they will be banned if they cannot prove otherwise.
Scamming Results in a perm ban and no questions asked. You must appeal to Chosenblades

4. Regarding Posting in the wrong section.
Punishments : Warnings

--------------------
Nothing annoys me more than a player posting in the wrong section. First offences; the topic will be moved, second offenses the topic(s) deleted. Runescape account sales are allowed at your own risk.

5. Regarding Markets.
Punishments : N/A

--------------------
If you are selling a RuneScape account, you must post pictures of the stats of it. If you do not, the topic will be deleted. A Guide Will Be Made Soon - On How To Post Pictures.

6. Hacking/Exploiting/dDoS
Punishment : Perm Ban

--------------------
Any attempts of dDoSing These Forums, or "hacking" and deleting archives will lead you to an automatic perm ban.
Exploiting the forum is ok, in small portions, abusing an exploit though will lead you down the yellow brick road to the ban, however if you do manage to find an exploit, please report it to staff immediately, so we can look at it, and decide whether it needs be patched.. Also, for in-game dDoSing you will be IP banned with no questions asked.

7. Multiple Accounts
Punishment: Perm Ban

--------------------
Anyone caught to have multiple accounts from a single IP address in-game trading items will be banned. Just drop trade or trade through a friend.

8. Back-Seat Modding
Punishment : Temp Ban/ Perm Ban

----------------------
Back Seat Modding is a normal person trying to act like a MOD in-game. This can be any behavior such as a person going I will ban you or making accounts named "MOD ____" No staff member on this server has Mod or Admin in their names.

9. Stealing Credits.
Punishment : Warning.

---------------------
You are allowed to post other people's Tutorials - But You Must Give Them 100% Credits.
This will result in a Warning.

These Are the official rules until Seth says so, and updates them.

10.Exploiting
Punishment : Ban/Perm Ban

-----------------------
If you find a bug/glitch and exploit it to get an advantage you can report it to the staff and get a warning or we can catch you and hand you a ban or perm ban depending on what it is.

11. Pk Rules
Punishment:N/A

-----------------
killing yourself on a multiple account is pk farming and not allowed. If caught doing this you will be reset/banned.
If in a DM and you run and the other guy records you running it will result in a pk ban.

12. Staff disrespect
Punishment:Mute/Ban

----------------
If found guilty of disrespecting a staff member FOR NO REASON you will be muted or banned depending on what the mod/admin thinks it appropriate. If the staff started it all Contact Chosenblades or an Administrator. (Or try to sort it out with the staff member who muted you)

13. Foul Language
Punishment/Mute/IP Mute

--------------
Anyone saying "Nigga/****er/****/ect." to yell at a player in a non-friendly way will be mute or Ip muted depending on how serious it was.
Also spamming yell or someone's pm will earn you a 24 hour mute with no acceptions.

14. Staff Rules
Punishment : N/A

----------------
Any staff member causing mass drama with someone else affecting everyones gameplay will be dealt with by Chosenblades.
Abusing your powers will result in a suspension of your position.
Keep favoritism at home and do your job correctly (meaning mute/ban friends if they broke rules don't show favoritism)
You may NOT ban any staff member whether joking or seriously, UNLESS they are harming the community (mass bans/mutes for no reason).

Those are the unofficial rules until Seth makes changes or approves them.
Proud Dark Ice Moderator

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Offline Chosenblades

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • Dark Ice
Re: DI Rules
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 06:04:28 am »
Thanks! Most of these are fine, I'll edit a few things here and there.
Also, for the no banning other staff rule, I think I'll make it so staff can't do any commands to other staff. I've seen too many servers where one staff account was compromised and with that account the person took over the whole game. Also I think kick wars need to end.

I might take out the RS account and market rules since I don't want a market and have to deal with middle men and verified shops. I like having things related to our server and not runescape.

Offline Toymachine

• Well Known Member
  • #Bonked
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 09:29:07 am »
A rule I left out is regarding staff and how to be on dark ice's staff team.

Step 1-Make sure mod apps are Open and not Closed.
Open meaning you may apply and closed meaning you may not.

Step 2- You must have 25 posts on constructive help/guides/information.
Not just post saying "lol" "goodjob" you may post a few of those no more than 5 per 25 total posts.

Step 3- When posting this application we will get staff members to reply with either I approve because... Or I don't approve because...

Step 4- Do not even bother replying to the mod app (or if you are mod going for admin ;)) Chosenblades will know it's there and will approve it or deny it as soon as the staff had given your feedback.

Good luck to all new players going for staff!
Proud Dark Ice Moderator

Offline Laptop

• Well Known Member
    • View Profile
    • Dark-ice.info
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2012, 10:33:15 pm »
Thanks Toy :D
Good work!
Laptop