Author Topic: Moderator FAQs  (Read 449 times)

Offline Toymachine

• Well Known Member
  • #Bonked
    • View Profile
Moderator FAQs
« on: July 26, 2012, 10:00:14 am »
Moderator FAQs:

The list below will answer most frequently asked questions (FAQ’s) regarding questions about Moderators and Administrators. I am pretty sure this will answer most of your questions.

1. How do I become a Dark Ice Moderator?

To become a Moderator on Dark Ice is a very long process in most cases, usually regular members are nominated by either Moderators or Administrators and then being reviewed by the owner Chosenblades, who has the option whether accepting this case or declining it. NEVER ask for a Moderator position, you will not get it.

2. Do Dark Ice staff ask for account details in-game?

Staff members of Dark Ice will never ask for password. If the last solution is to get details the only details they can ask is for email or transaction ID. Never be tricked into giving up your password to anyone, not even a member of staff. If you believe someone is acting like a staff member but don't know if they are or not please check if they have a crown beside there name like below.

3. Does Dark Ice Staff send E-Mails?

No, we will never send emails asking for account details. We also never ask for account details through MSN.

4. I've been hacked/scammed, can I get my account back?

Yes, you can. If you've been hacked, and you cannot access your account because the hacker changed your password, make a thread.

5. Can I become a Moderator? (Common question)

Read FAQ 1.

6. I've found a Moderator/Administrator abuses his/her powers, what do I do?

Just like you would do to a regular player, report them on forums with evidence or tell a staff member.

7. How does a player know they've been picked for a Moderator position?

When a player is chosen, our Staff will alert them and ask them questions in-game. Keep in mind that we will never contact you via E-Mail or MSN on-regards to this, for more information of E-Mails and/or MSN refer to FAQ 3.

8. If one becomes a Moderator, must he or she be active for a specific time each day? Will his or her position be removed if he or she is not active?

No, Moderators are normal players with just higher responsibility and more duties. If a Moderator has not notified a duration of inactivity and is inactive for over a week they will be warned.

9. Sometimes Moderators ignore me, why?

Most of the time a staff member will ignore you is when they’re busy with another person's problem or the question that you have doesn’t need to be answered whether it’d be a stupid question or not.

I hope this can clear up some confusion.
Proud Dark Ice Moderator

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Offline Laptop

• Well Known Member
    • View Profile
    • Dark-ice.info
Re: Moderator FAQs
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 01:22:18 pm »
Thanks for this Post Toy :)
Very helpful for a lot of players!

- Laptop
Laptop